Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Wrote A Poem About A Turtle And I Want You To Read It

I am basically Aristotle and Shakespeare put together. And Picasso. Wondering what on Earth I am talking about? Well that just adds to the mysterious effect. I present to you, voila!

The Story Of the Turtle:

Once there lived a turtle
whose life was very hard
he worked to collect garbage
to bring to the junkyard.
 
He wanted an adventure
he wanted a new life
and one day quit his job
(his boss was his ex-wife).


 
"Excuse me?" said the woman
"After all I've given?
I let you keep this job
I helped you make a livin'."

"And after all those years?
I've given you so much!
I tried to help you out,
you hard ungrateful wretch!"


 
The man just stood there still,
he never said a word,
as he stroked his beard,
listening to her.


 
The boss she raved and fumed.
He felt no pain or shame!
No shred of small regret,
for what he just explained.

 
She raved and fumed and screamed
her anger now unfolded
she yelled and stamped her feet
and then---she then exploded.


 
Her bits flew in the air,
to travel many places.
All around the state,
hitting people's faces.


 
The turtle was a hero,
for punishing the shrew.
The mayor of the city
made him a statue.

 
The people flocked together,
to catch a little glimpse,
of the mentioned turtle,
once a pauper now a prince.

 If you would like to see more poems like this, click on the like button. If not, click on the dislike button. If you are too lazy to click the mouse, then I cannot help you.

3 comments:

  1. SarahTheExtremelyAwesomeMarch 30, 2011 at 12:12 AM

    Ode to thee and ode to your fantastic poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And "ode" to you too! (whatever that means)

    ReplyDelete