Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

You Asked For This

Previously, I wrote a post with an illustrated poem in it. At the end of it, I asked for your feedback on whether I should do another post like that. An overwhelming response (two versus zero) told me to do more. So here I go, shoving more bad poetry into all of your throats. Enjoy!

A Sock Story (warning:bad rhyming)


Once upon a long time ago
I once had a pair,
of socks that needed more stitches
than any other pair.

They did not seem to be much loved
among the other socks.
In fact, they were regarded as
the lowest of all socks.

But then one day they took a tumble
down upon the floor.
They were the first of the whole bunch
to touch the spotless floor.

They stood in awe, in shock, in fear
of what they had just had done.
I picked them up and gave a glare---
they thought their tale was done.

But then, I next, just put them back,
ensuring their new fame.
The other socks now gathered round
and made them feel their fame.

“What happ--” “What's there?” “And what surprise?”
so clamored all the rabble.
“We fell.”, “The floor.”, “Nothing special.”
replied them to the rabble.
 
And thus the noises met their end;
the crowd then cleared away.
The two socks back to what they were;
their moment gone away.
 I'll do the same thing as before- there will be a vote. If you "like" this post, it means you want more poetry. If you "dislike," then I won't do it. 

The reason why I'm doing this is because poetry that people actually like is kind of rare and I'm not sure if my current readers would like this. And I'm insecure.  Also, these posts take a REALLY long time to make. So I might not have the time to make one until my next vacation, despite the votes. Here goes!

5 comments:

  1. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUR POEMS. I wrote one in honor of this post.

    Froggy Socks, by Sarah.

    I have many pairs of socks,
    but my favorite ones are green.
    There are frogs on these socks.
    And they are also green.

    My socks are magic.
    I can jump like a frog
    when I have them on, all the way to the attic.
    I once jumped over a log.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider this poem duly honored. I love frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was just...just...SO FRICKIN' AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable and funny!

    ReplyDelete